Hi everybody! Its real nice to see comments from the fab girls in the world of makeup, and boosts my morale no end :) keep posting!
Sooo... I decide to resurrect my blog and fate decides to shine on me... coincidence? probably yes. Still, I can look on the happenings detailed below as omens egging me on, cant I? :D
okkay, here goes:
- Yesterday and today, my medical college hosted a "Personality Development Workshop" for students across all disciplines - medicine, dentistry and nursing. I was posted as coordinator and guess which session I attended... Yep, u got it - personal grooming and MAKE UP!!!! How delicious is that? :) :) :) They even had a volunteer on stage to demo basic m/u techniques.. but of course my fellow bloggers have ensured I'm way advanced in that :)
- One of the sessions was on meditation, by Yogacharya Arun Kumar of Infinite Dimension Charitable Trust (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org). He did a small demo for us, on a very simple meditation technique. And I discovered something all us girls can use everyday!!! So today's post content will be on meditation, so we can look beautifully lit from inside!! :)
- The third thing... hee hee. Well, its like this. Presentations were held across 4-5 lecture halls, and one faculty member from each hall (us, not the invited faculty) was chosen to make a small speech on our impression of things. So yours truly went on stage today. Luckily I had predicted that some such thing might happen, and was suitably, conservatively dressed in a creamy brown silk salwar kameez with very delicate white, yellow and olive green embroidery, with a bare face wearing only eyeliner and a hint of red lipcolor. So I makes my speech, and wonder of wonder, when the Principal makes hers, she makes a point of appreciating me praising my speech. I was really overwhelmed...
So without further ado, here's the meditation technique, step by step.
- Time: Preferably early morning, after clearing the bowels and having a shower, but its not strict. Do it when it suits you.
- Position: On a chair, or sitting crosslegged on the floor, whichevers comfortable, but u must hold your spine straight.
- Begin: Close eyes. Lightly shut lips together. Bring hands together, palm to palm.
- Temperature: If its too hot or too cold, mildly suggest to yourself that this is the optimum temp for your medit.
- Clothes: Preferably loose and comfy. However, if it scratches, mildly suggest to yourself that this is the best dress for your medit.
- Noise: No need to go shushing up the neighbour's dog. Listen to all ambient noise, let every sound register, but do not react to it.
- Feel: Feel every part of your body, from toes upwards till your head. Feel the contact of feet on floor, buttocks on chair (or floor), back against chair (or wall, if you're reclining), feel the clothes on your body.
- Relax: Now you know the feel of your whole body, start relaxing the tense parts. If your feet are tightly arched up, let em loose. If your hands are clenched, relax em. Relax from head to toe. (Now here, while following the acharya's (teacher's) instructions, I noticed one thing. Of all things, it was my FACE I had screwed up tight, with brows knit together and mouth shut tight. WRINKLE ALERT!!!!! SOUND THE SIRENS!!! DANGER! DANGER! I've noticed I often do this same thing before I fall asleep, usually if I'm thinking any stressful thoughts. This, my dear ladies, is why I consider this post so important. It teaches us all to recognise when we're tensing up our face, and relax it immediately, and more than that, give it holistic health through meditation.
- Focus: See, earlier you were registering your environment. Now ur gonna shut it out. Focus your thoughts (with your eyes closed, pretend u r trying to see the tip of ur nose) like this: If u r the intellectual type, focus on the centre of your forehead between the eyes. If u r more emotional, focus on the midpoint of your chest.
- Breathe: Slowly, peacefully, using your stomach, not your chest. You should be able to feel your stomach wall moving up and down. Take nice, deep breaths, with regular inspiration and expiration, the exhaling twice as long as the inhaling. Continue this.
- Let go: Relinquish control over your breathing. Let it carry on in the natural rhythm u've set for it. You are gonna notice something peculiar now. (Me, the hardboiled cynic, boy was I surprised when it happened to me) Your breaths, though slow and regular, will become shorter and shorter. Each successive inhale-exhale will take less and less time and become shallower and shallower until you hardly appear to breathe at all. And believe me, you'll be very comfy in this barely breathing zone.
- Chant: A spiritual name, so the teacher said, creates positive vibrations and channels cosmic energy throughout your body. So if u r Christian, repeat Jesus’ name, if Muslim Allah’s, if Hindu, your own deity’s name. Or, you can chant “
OM”. Slowly, rhythmically, the length of each word the same, the same time interval between words, each successive word pronounced at the same pitch and volume. Do this for as long as you wish.
- Re-emerge: Stop the chant. Feel your breathing. Rub your palms together and apply the heated surface to your closed eyelids. Bring your hands down to your sides. Open your eyes wide, with a wide smile to go with it.
Hope this step by step meditation technique will be useful to you all! I certainly found myself feeling energetic and happy. I intend to do this everyday, hope you all do too!!!
End of one more looooooooong post. Yippity Yip!!!